Sunday, February 6, 2011

Superb Swiss Championship at Col des Mosses

The weekend of 5/6 February we went to Col des Mosses for Swiss Championship in cross country skiing.

First of all, all swiss national team (four guys that won World Cup relay in La Clusaz this year: Dario Cologna, Curdin Perl, Remo Fischer and Toni Livers ) was present on Saturday, that was extremely cool, since we had a possibility to check our forces against them. Moreover, Dario Cologna is the olympic champion of last year and the best cross country skier in the world at the moment, so it was even cooler :)

And it was cool!
 

Saturday, 5 February, 15 km, time-trial
The hard 2x7.5km. As expected, Dario won the race with big advantage (almost 1 minute faster than second). I lost around 4.5 minutes to Dario. It is still 4.5 minutes, but I am quite satisfied. It's probably my best result at 15km on FIS track. "FIS track" means that there are heavy uphills and it is not at all flat :)

Winner Dario Cologna


In addition, I should say few words about competition itself. First, it was greatly organized. There is no snow anywhere, but at Les Mosses they managed to provide a super good track! I am amazed by their job. Secondly, the weather was superb, cold in the morning but later during the race a lot of sun. That was successfully repeated on Sunday! And last but not the least, I've never been supported by such a big amount of people during the race. It was indeed like a worldcup! It was almost like in La Clusaz World Cup, where we went as spectators and supporters: all the longest uphill had a live shouting fence from people. I heard my name several times on each lap. That was indeed amazing and helpful!

A big big thanks to all organizers and to all people that came to support us!

Saturday's results
My heart rate and elevation during this race

Sunday, 6 February, 10km (classic) + 10km (skating)
Classic part went quite good. I had good kick and my skis were very fast: I often had to pass guys on downhill. Skating skis were not that fast, but it was ok. I even managed to pass one person on skating part. Strangely ... uphill, I am normally not that good on uphill (quite heavy for it :))

Of course, Dario won again (who else?)! I lost 5 minutes to him. Actually, I am very satisfied. Because, first, it was a hard track (not a marathon's one) and second, he is the best skier :))

Winners of Sunday's race


I should say that both days I felt very good. On the uphills I went to fifth zone up to 185.
I was managed to recover properly on downhills, and I did not hit the wall.

Sunday's results
My heart rate and elevation for duathlon

It was a great race, great place and great weekend. I am looking forward to second part of Swiss Championship at Les Mosses (25-27 March).

Vive le ski de fond!

1 comment:

  1. Zhenek, you are the monster! Together with Transju - that are your best results!

    ReplyDelete