Thursday, December 15, 2011

First victory in Realp (13.5km classic)

Good news. Got my first trophée this winter!

Fabian invited me to participate in a classic race in Realp (not far from Andermatt). 13.5km, individual start. So we stayed in Goms for a weekend. To profit from the snow closeness, we went to train on saturday. Two trainings of overall 3 hours with some short accelerations. Well, I should say I felt super good that day. I felt that I can be strong next day and I was.

My Atomic skis were perfect and very fast. I felt good and was able to push hard.
As a result - the win. And the super prize: decorated cow bell.


Well, I have to return the cowbell in one year, but if I manage to win the race 3 times I can keep it :)
We'll see how it goes.

Results are here

Here are some stats from the race


I (number 183) pass by 178

Fabian on the track
Milk me pleaaase!

On the podium, I - first, Fabian - second


3 comments:

  1. Hey, I enjoy the blog.

    I have a question, not sure if this is to forum for it, but anyway. I have moved to Lausanne from Norway. Im very eager to cross country ski this winter. My problem is that it seems impossible to find good equipment. I have been to several sport shops looking, the only place who had it was Atleticum, but a very little selection of bad skiis. I would really appreciate a tip for where to find good skiis and equipment, from one enthusiast to another.

    Thanks!

    Daniel G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel, pls send an email to the address in the right column of the page if you need more info.

    otherwise, I'd advice http://ski-fond.com

    ReplyDelete